Reaffirming that the DOC is a milestone document signed between the ASEAN Member States and China, embodying their collective commitment to promoting peace, stability and mutual trust and to ensuring the peaceful resolution of disputes in the South China Sea;
Recognizing also that the full and effective implementation of the DOC will contribute to the deepening of the ASEAN-China Strategic Partnership for Peace and Prosperity;
These Guidelines are to guide the implementation of possible joint cooperative activities, measures and projects as provided for in the DOC.
1. The implementation of the DOC should be carried out in a step-by-step
approach in line with the provisions of the DOC.
2. The Parties to the DOC will continue to promote dialogue and consultations in accordance with the spirit of the DOC.
3. The implementation of activities or projects as provided for in the DOC
should be clearly identified.
4. The participation in the activities or projects should be carried out on a
5. Initial activities to be undertaken under the ambit of the DOC should be
6. The decision to implement concrete measures or activities of the DOC
should be based on consensus among parties concerned, and lead to the eventual
realization of a Code of Conduct.
7. In the implementation of the agreed projects under the DOC, the services of
the Experts and Eminent Persons, if deemed necessary, will be sought to provide
specific inputs on the projects concerned.
8. Progress of the implementation of the agreed activities and projects under the DOC shall be reported annually to the ASEAN-China Ministerial Meeting (PMC)./.
BDN (Source:aseansec.org, )
- 08/08/2012 01:24 - The Law of the Sea of Viet Nam
- 25/07/2012 02:27 - [Video] Maritime Security in the South China Sea w…
- 25/07/2012 02:12 - DECLARATION ON THE CONDUCT OF PARTIES IN THE SOUTH…
- 25/07/2012 02:07 - United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea of…
- 25/07/2012 01:33 - ASEAN’s Six-Point Principles on the South China Se…